- There are multiple Haj Terminus and 16 embarkation points in the country
- The Haj subsidy in 2006 was Rs.348 crore
- The muslim pilgrim to Jeddah pays Rs.12,000 for a return ticket.The actual cost of the ticket is Rs. 46,000. The difference is funded by the Union Government
- The Indian government has a Haj Office in the Indian Consulate in Jeddah, runs a hospital in Mecca and dispensaries in Mecca and Madinah, and sends doctors,
- nurses and para-medical staff to run these medical establishments during the pilgrimage
- In addition, the Government has sanctioned eight ambulances and medicines for pilgrims who fall ill.
Wednesday, August 20, 2008